Re: OT: Solid State 2 x 12 Combo Amplifiers

Lee,

I can recommend the new Ultrasound 250 watt combo to you.  It was recently introduced at the Namm Show and is going into production, soon.  I think it is great for the extended ranges like those of a guitar synth.  It's actually an acoustic guitar amp and is a biamp configuration with two resident speakers and horns. It works great for a 7 string, and bass too..so, it should work for your 8 string.  Since it is high output, it has a lot of headroom and no limiters or compressors like typical acoustic guitar amps.....This one is a killer....It has two channels, digital effects,  and lots of output possibilities...stereo line out, mono line out, xlr direct out...you name it.  For more info on it contact Dan Gore at Ultraamps@aol.com.  Hope I've been of some help to you.

Best Regards,
Wayne Wesley Johnson

Wannadu, LLC
7 Avenida Vista Grande #-260