OT: Solid State 2 x 12 Combo Amplifiers

Hey all,

        Have a slightly off-topic question about solid state 2 x 12 combo
amplifiers out there; can anyone or any two recommend a road-worthy combo
amplifier out there that can handle tunings for extended range instruments
(have an 8-string guitar)?  I'm more interested in clean sounds with lots
of
reverb, vs. using either compression or distortion, any help is duly
appreciated!

        Currently using a Mesa Boogie-clone of a Carvin amplifier (older
early 80's
I think) and when either the B or the F# strings come into play (especially
open notes) the amp just starts distorting on me...

        The only other features I'm really looking for are a built in
plate or
spring reverb tank and an effects loop (ok, coming back on topic)...

        Thanks again!

                Lee