Re: sample based looping vs. delay looping

  <smile>  I don't know, -I'm pretty darn good at hearing artifacts.   lol!
 -I do alot of it for a living.  and while I do know that the Repeater does
produce them going in and out of recording and switching from forward to
reverse and vice versa, with the method I used, I really don't hear them.
I've also done it with guitar and synth, so the pitches are pretty
constant.  <smile>  -which method did you use to record your sound?
  Anyway, thanks for the note.  regarding the sender's original point, of
the differences between sampling vs delay based loopers, do you have any
insights?

Smiles,

CQ

At 09:32 AM 8/8/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Since I rarely do drones that have little variation, I had never come
>across this at all, but recently, I hit the Repeater with a sine wave to
>see what the fuss was all about.  I did hear a little bump at some point
>in the loop.  I was amazed that so much fuss was being made about it,
>but then again, I'm not trying to achieve a featureless drone in any of
>the music I do.    I can't imagine you could keep your voice as a pure
>single note without inflection long enough to hear the bump that people
>have complained about, but it's surely there, and I imagine annoying if
>you're going for a certain sound.
>
>Mark Sottilaro
>
>On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 09:18  AM, Goddess wrote:
>>   The method I usually use is to record a blank loop
>> and then simply overdub to create seamless drones.  -And I'm not getting
>> any artifacting.

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates