House concert spam and invitation to soundscapers.

This coming Friday and Saturday nights, August 9th and 10th, electronic
music pioneer Steve Roach be exploring the edges of the sound multiverse
and
pushing the envelope in house concerts staged in the style of the classical
Indian house concert.  By that we mean, intimate venue, floor seating,
chill-out environment, good conversation with the artist, exchanges of
ideas
etc.  The concerts will take place in my home in Denver, Colorado.  I
anticipate there will be MUCH loopage!  : )

http://www.steveroach.com/Live/Live.html

Also, i wanted to lay out an idea publicly.  We've begun to establish a
small community of people interested primarily in electronic music and
soundscapes here in Denver.  I've recently acquired a home with a large
backroom that i am making available to artists that might be traveling
through the area that might be interested in staying in a home and doing a
small-scale concert rather than staying at the Comfort Inn and staring at
the walls.  I had the pleasure of hosting Robert Rich at the end of his
spring tour as our maiden voyage into this marriage of ancient tradition
and
modern music.  Steve's appearance will be the second in this series.

Apparently, word is getting around a bit, as we have New Zealand electronic
artist Rudy Adrian hearing about us and is arranging to stop by to do a
house concert in mid-September after his gig in Salt Lake City and on his
way east to play The Gathering in Philly.  Please email me off-list if you
are interested in attending shows of this type.  We're hoping to foster the
idea of providing local community support for artists trying to express the
ineffable...  In this era where larger and larger entities seek to dominate
the commercial landscape, we feel that local circles of like-minded people
can provide a supportive nuturing environment for musics that do not
necessarily translate very well in larger venues.  I invite your comments
on
this, off-list or on, as necessary.

cheers,
jim.