Ted Killian review at Bayimproviser

Just stumbled upon a review of Ted Killian's CD at Bay Improviser, and
figured I'd post it, since he's an LD member:

Flux Aeterna
Ted Killian electric guitar/electronics - pfMentum
pfmentum

Guitarists are a dime a dozen in the pop world, but when you go further
out
into exploration like Ted Killian, commonality is replaced with unique
sound. Thus said, I was happy to receive this new CD from Ventura rebel
label pfMentum. It's great to hear another voice in the world of
experimental electric guitar done so well. Killian utilizes both his
superb
skills as a musician on electronics as well as guitar.

He interfaces the two seamlessly to create a powerful and unique voice to
the known fair we've come to expect from other players such as Nels Cline.
This CD has made it quite clear that rock is not dead it just got cloned
and
reconstructed before it's original was gutted by the music industry.
Killian
creates a full musical adventure with ten cuts of thematic tunes ranging
from rhythmic scream sessions to all out grooves digging deep into the
history of the guitar.

He even makes an interesting musical reference to a famous Jimi Hendrix
performance one summer in the late sixties, and I would swear I hear some
Sun Ra in there as well (though I may be tripping).

What I love about the improvised scene growing throughout the world is the
abolishment of specific styles that continue to eat away at the artistic
status quo. I'd say if you have an open ear to electric guitar exploration
with appreciation for the hard core, you'd want to get this one. Flux
Aeterna is another nail in the coffin of pop sensibilities, and I thank
Mr.
Killian for that.
(Reviewed by Rent Romus)