newbie

Title: newbie

What's up everyone,

my name is mike, and i just joined this list.  I am new to the world of digital sampling and need some advice.  I own a Yamaha WX5 Midi Wind Controller.  I plan on using this for gigging, and would like to sample phrases, and have immediate playback.  So i am going to need something that is foot pedal oriented, cause i am going to be improvising and doing all this live.  I'm not going to be working on these phrases at home, recording them, and then playing to tracks.  I want something that i can immediately hit a footswitch start recording, and then hit stop, and it loop it.  I would like something that does more than just one loop also.  I'm not sure if a midi sampler is the best way to go or not.  Should i just use a phrase sampler that records analog, like a guitar sampler.  Or is midi the best way to go, since my instrument is midi.  And is there a footswitch type pedal for midi that fits what i need?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks very much

sharin in grooves
Mike