Re: EDP MIDI Parameter Change Question

I'm having trouble getting my Roland XP-30 to change parameter sets on my
EDP and was wondering if anyone could help.
I've got 2 EDPs running Loop IV brother-synced together. I've got the MIDI
out from the Roland going into one EDP's MIDI in; that EDP's MIDI through
is
going into the other EDP.  It should be simple, right?  From what I can
make
out in the manual, sending program change one should give me parameter set
one; program change two should give me parameter set two.  It' not working
at all; in fact, I seem to be getting random display info (or possibly just
stuff I'm not understanding ) with no change of parameter sets whatsoever.
In fact, after I did this for a while, the EDPs were no longer responding
the pedals and I had to turn the EDPs off and on again and unplug and
replug
the pedals to make it all work again.  Any advice?