Re: David Torn EDP manual

ms,

>Just an omage to your particular brand of prose.  Though inarticulate it
>may be, your posts certianly convey something, like a beautiful poem
>about the repeater...
well, thanks for that! 'tis nice to feel appreciated, sometimes and
somehow.....

i'd add, here, that --- regardless of the fact that i was medically
'out-of-it', at the time, and that the production values were painfully
low--- i believe that my little (inexpensive, & therefore accessible)
'instructional'-video (c. 1992) did offer some reasonably articulate
pointers, re: looping.
add'ly, i think that there's a fairly large body of written/spoken shite
from
me extant, directly related to looping --- both public (in the form of
interviews & whatnot), and private (in the form of papers that i've
occasionally written for real & potential manufacturers/developers
temporarily obsessed with the subject & practice).
in my little life-as-a-looper, there have been at least three instances in
which loop-instrument-manufacturers have expressed interest in
co-producing
w/me a dedicated instructional video, and/or mounting a series of regular
clinic/promotional tours, in order to:
b) offer folks a broad-range sped-up edumacation in the possibilities
brought
forward by the act of 'loop', and
a) thereby better promote their product(s) for the future:

while none of these ever actually occurred as they might have, i'd opine
that
the failure to produce same was clearly not mine to claim.
(though, to be fair, lexicon did have me do one shamelessly/pointlessly
under-promoted loop-clinic at sam ash/nyc, when the jamman was first
released).

frankly..... i remain very hopeful that gibson will now (at long last; god
bless 'em) do something along these lines w/andré and other folk, for the
edp, the awesome loopIV and the future of looping-at-large.

then, someday ---after the potential for niche-marketing has finally been
exposed--- we might have the opportunity to see the gary halls, matthias',
kims', jhnos, marc poiriers & dougwyatts of the world placed in a well-
aerated office/studio-blender w/some savvy UI-folk, not to emerge until
the
next stage of looping --- complete w/add-on dedicated, visceral,
touchy-feely
hardware interface --- is on the boards and ready to roll.
until then, i'm happy-as-a-clam abusing loop IV, repeater & my
garyhallerised-pcm42.

anyway.
best,
dt / splattercell