Re: David Torn EDP manual

Andre LaFosse wrote:

> My suggestion is to sit down and say, "OK, today I'm going to learn all
> about Multiply," and read through the Multiply section in the manual.
> You'll find that the section makes many references to other sections in
> the manual, which will lead you into looking up other functions and
> parameters.

Right.  I agree with everything you said.  My issue is, while trying to
learn "all about
Multiply" I find myself having to go all over the manual, which can be
confusing.  All
I'm saying is that "all about Multiply" should be in the form of a
chapter.  For bonus,
add a little "for example...." in each function.  See what I mean?  It's
not so much the
writing of the manual, that's actually fine.  I'm just saying the layout
is wack.  If
you need to find something alphabetically, go to the index, that's what
they're for.

When you're learning about Physics, you don't start with Einstein and then
go to Newton,
because E comes before N.  After you've read the book and want to find out
more about
Einstein, you can check out what pages he's on in the index.

Also, I think it's unfair to compare the EDP, or any piece of gear, to an
instrument,
unless you're talking about bagpipes!  My guitar has an incredibly simple
interface!
Put your finger in a position on the neck and a particular note will play.
 The end.  Of
course learning about what combination of notes work to sound like you
want them to, is
another story, and that's music theory.  Piano's the same.  Here's 88
buttons, go
crazy.  Playing it skillfully is a totally different story.

Mark Sottilaro