Re: David Torn EDP manual

O list,

A few quick things I dare to chime in with:

Rik Elswit wrote:
> Sales would be much enhanced by a well laid out tutorial,
> but by far the most effective evangelization would be a 15 minute video
> showing what you can do with one.

15 minutes would be far too short to comphrehensively cover all of the
functions of the EDP, especially in LoopIV.  I had more time than that
at the Santa Cruz clinic, and I still didn't get the chance to touch on
a lot of details.  It was a crash course, and a successful one, but not
the same as a dedicated analysis - which the circumstances would not
have permitted anyway.

> A 15 minute video on the EDP could do wonders to advance this form.

Again, I firmly believe it would require far more than 15 minutes...

but:

There has been some talk about using footage of my Santa Cruz clinic for
just such a purpose, and Gibson themselves are actively interested in
this idea.  After discussing it with Rick Walker, the conclusion has
been reached that it would likely be more effective to shoot a new
tutorial video, making sure to take extra care to be comprehensive with
feature details, as well as nailing down a high quality audio recording
to mix/sync with it later.

I'm going to be gigging in the Bay Area in late August, and will likely
do some filming at various loop-centric locales along the way at that
time.  A rough guess would be that there will be some sort of dedicated
tutorial footage floating around by mid September.  Exactly what form it
might take, or how it might be distributed, is yet to be determined...

Speaking of that, Rik, I actually wanted to ask you about the
possibility of staging an EDP clinic at Banana's some time in the near
future.  Interested?  Mail me off list if so and we can talk about the
details...

Best,

--Andre LaFosse
The Echoplex Analysis Pages: