RE: David Torn EDP manual

I don't consider the EDP manual opaque.

You can create some very complex things with an EDP.  The manual has to
have
some degree of depth, right?

It's a deep box, but IMHO, 75%->90% of the functionality of most loopers
(or
devices used as loopers) is covered in the first..say...5 pages?  You know
-
record!  overdub! repeat!  I'm Robert Fripp/Brian Eno/whoever!

Could it be improved?  Sure!  Most things can.

This device is singular in its abilities.  I would imagine its pretty
difficult to document as a result.  I've integrated a lot of the
terminology
(that didn't really exist prior to my using the EDP) into my vocabulary,
but
I still get a kick out of the "crazy martian language" post a few weeks
back.

I agree that a video would probably be helpful from a sales perspective,
though.

Actually, off list, if anyone would like to let me know which they think
are
excellent and/or poor manuals and why, I would be interested to receive
some
feedback.

-K