Re: Gizmotron

<<He told me that he had installed a few
Gizmotrons in the 70s, and that having a motor
that close to your pickups isn't really ideal.>>

That's actually an interesting point that I had
never thought of. I first heard of the Gizmotron
back when I was a teenager, and I know I've read
that Godley And Creme used it on some of their
late 70's albums, and I believe Jimmy Page said
he used one on Zep's In Through The Out Door
album (on the intro to In The Evening, I
believe).

Anyway, I wouldn't have thought about it, but it
does make sense that the motor might be a little
too close to the pickups. Pretty much anything
that makes mechanical noise, things like wind up
toys or an electric tooth brush or a vibrator,
even, will be amplified by the pickups if you get
them close enough. Thusly, I can see how the
motor on the Gizmotron was a little too close to
the pickups for most practical purposes (and
let's not forget that you also had to drill holes
in your guitar to install this big thing that
kinda looks like it could get in the way of your
normal playing.

Mind you, I've never actually had the opportunity
to play a Gizmotron equipped guitar, so I really
don't know about any of this.

NP Grateful Dead "Jam" (Dick's Picks Vol. XIV)

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones