Re: Gr-33/VG8

Well, if you're a bit of a non-comformist, and want maximum control with non-existent latency, check out www.starrlabs.com... on this list, both I and Gary Lehmann have ztars. Cool stuff.

Kevin

I am sure this has come up . . .

I have decided to allocate the funds I've been saving for an EDP for a
guitar synth. I have been getting more opportunities for commercial sound
design and I thought it was time to try out a synth.

I am hoping I can get it to control my software synths (mainly reaktor) but
I was wondering if anyone had advice on which Roland unit was the best for
tweaking and manipulating sounds within the unit. It is my understanding
that the VG-8 is primarily a modeler. I am very new to synths, and don't
really know what they offer. Maybe there is a different manufacturer I
should look into? Any takers?

Nick Schillace
In Door Park