SV: replacing and time slipping single tracks on Repeater

> > Fran: Goddess [mailto:thefates@earthlink.net]
>
> >y neat thing I was just doing was to use the replace
> > function to selectively create drop-outs in a stereo track by replacing
> > little bits of it with silence.  Then, I'd select a single track of the
> > pair to time slip.
> > G-Girl

> Fran: Per Boysen [mailto:per@boysen.se]
> Hey - that was inspiring! ;-)
> I have to add that to my behringer foot controller. Thanks!
>
> ...got some pretty wild ideas right now... have to try them out
> in the lab first though...

I tried this trick with my FCB1010 and Repeater today - it was awesome!
Pressed a foot pad I had programmed to "record enable track 3+4", recorded
loop with a saxophone, stepped another foot pad for "replace", tap danced
on
the rec button to record "gated silence"(drop-outs), stepped the pad for
"record enable track 3", went into overdub mode and recorded one second of
silence to break up the stereo pair of 3/4, stepped a foot pad for "slip
track 4".

By default I keep track 3 and 4 panned left/right. Now the drop-outs
created
a nice groove. On my FCB1010 I have set a modulation pedal to control the
amount of sliding, so I could manipulate the left/right bouncing groove
with
that pedal while playing melodies on top of it.

If you have a Repeater and a FCB1010 you have to try this! ;))))

regards

Per Boysen