Re: Audio interfaces

I just got Digital Performer up and running on a G4...
I'm using an older Korg 1212 card for the audio interface
and a MOTU Fastlane MIDI interface.
I used to use Deck for everything and locked it to Metro
for MIDI sequencing...
If you don't plan on doing any MIDI work, then I'd just stick with
Deck...it is already OSX compatible and it will work with a wide
variety of interfaces.  I will be updating to another interface soon
and am interested in the Prosonus Firestation.....it is just like the
828 except it has a tube circuit and includes MIDI...and it is
about the same price...It isn't shipping yet, though, and I haven't
heard any reviews.  If all you need are 2 simultaneous record tracks,
I'm sure the US-424 or it's little brother, the US-224, would be
great.  I'd check into the control templates available for the Tascam
devices for Deck.....  you can find them at Tascam's web site in
addition to checking out the user's forum for any feedback latency.

If you plan on using Digital Performer and ever want to get into MIDI,
I would stick with only MOTU products so that you can use their
Free MIDI drivers as opposed to OMS.........
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com