Re: mam warp nine

(can't remember who asked about this, and
sorry for the delay)

> any good ????
>  i want to use it for well filtering obviously
>  i am a guitarist interesed in creating sythn textures [like a lot of =
>  poepl on this list :)]
>  your feedback is welcome

cons:-

quite hard to program,
you'd want to use MIDI Prog -change.
user interface is "difficult".
Need to read the manual.

mono

kind of
lo-fi, with a limited frequency response,
no extreme highs or lows.

discontinued by MAM, they say there's no longer
a good enough market for filters.

one bug, the LFO is not retriggered by audio input (and
MAM won't fix this)
(but remember, I find bugs in everything)

won't reproduce the sound of other filter units

pros:-

very varied set of sounds. large number of
tweaks to make, especially when using MIDI

32 user programs, and very quick response
to MIDI prog-change

just about every triggering/re-triggering option you can imagine

full ADSR, and LFO at the same time.

there's a VCA, which you can use to remove the attack
from your guitar note

very "analog" sounding.

won't reproduce the sound of other filter units

Overall:-

a very quirky unit, based on the filter from
the old "Wasp" synth.

I like it a lot. It does a really good job of
making the guitar sound like an analog synth.
The sounds it produces are thin in a pleasant kind of
way ,     very good for adding
layers to loops without it getting too cluttered.

the manual is available on the MAM site, suggest you
have a look, as this will give you an idea how hard the unit is
to use.

...but check out the Line 6 Filter-Pro,
which is now available at reduced price
(I'll review when I get it)