Re: Audio Interface options for recording loops

I've read that IEEE 1394b (firewire2) will reach speeds of 800 megabits per
second (Mbps) in its initial incarnation, followed by speeds of 1.6
gigabits
per second (Gbps) and, eventually, 3.2 Gbps over copper wire.  Apple is
looking into going to that standard in the future.

Also, I've heard there might be issues about the 480 megabits/sec spec on
USB
2, making Firewire (the current version) still better for sustained high
bandwidth operations.  I'm not sure what the issues are.

Mark Sottilaro