Re: Y2K2 Loopfest was awesome!

I had a great time mostly TALKING to you folks.  Performances were all
good,
but let's face it, none of us are "Kiss," though few could deny that Hans
is
the Cher of Looping with all his costume changes.  I think I got the most
out of seeing other's people's approaches, and tools.  Fun.  These events
are great because they cement the looping "scene" that I guess we're apart
of.  We should try harder to get together, Loopfests or not.  Maybe we
should form a N. Cal Loopers Coalition.  I notice that few of us (myself
included) go to each other's gigs.  Perhaps we should try and form a more
united front, which could only serve to bring a wider audience to what
we're
doing.  Regardless as to if something "official" happens, I'm going to
endeavor to try and be better about dragging my tired bones out to more
loop
shows.

I'd also like to take this time to scold Gary Lehman, as I woke up at 5:00
AM this morning and couldn't get Todd Rundgren's "Wailing Wall" out of my
head!  CURSE YOU GARY!

Oh, and by the way, I think it was Chris Roberts that recommended the
Brookdale Lodge to me and Gary as a good place to stay in Santa Cruz, and
if
so, I would never trust Chris' word again.  The Brookdale Lodge was
probably
the worst dump I've ever stayed in, and I encourage all to avoid it like
the
plague.  What were you thinking Chris?  Why did you want to hurt me?

Mark Sottilaro