Re: Electrix/IVL petition

--- jim palmer <jimp@pobox.com> wrote:
> it seems like it would be worth it to ivl to avoid a lot of hate mail
> from abandoned repeater users...

Mail is as easy to deal with as reaching for the <delete> key. That's
no problem.

If I were in IVL's shoes right now, I'd probably be shopping the
Repeater's technology around to see if another company will buy it,
complete. If they're doing that, they aren't going to release anything
about it before they're absolutely certain that nobody on Earth will
pay money for it.

An alternatively thought would be that they would hold the intellectual
property for use in other products. Who knows? It's infrequent that
someone actually gives something away in today's world, even if they
aren't going to use it themselves.

Greg