RE: loops for dance music & album rec for ALL loopers

well, interesting enough responses.  seems a bunch of us are doing dancier
music.  seems like drumnbass and hiphop are having a slight bit of a genre
lead... although not everyone specified what genre they're doing.

so, for the folks out of that group who DON'T use live instrumental
accompaniments... what makes your music interesting?  how do you keep it
varied?

perhaps the folks who shy away from pre-programmed drum beats can find some
interesting ideas about how to use looped drums behind their work in a live
context... ?

i know for me, that's pretty much the focus of my set.  if i was also
trying
to play an instrument i'd be overwhelmed.  i mix many tracks of drums at a
time and am constantly varying what's in the mix, along with balancing them
against melodic and harmonic components... it's quite a full time job on
stage.  but at least it makes it not 'canned' in any way.  lots of improv
stuff going on.

oh, and my genres are breakbeat and techno... some experimental every now
and again.

paul