Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #418

>hmmm... I guess I spend too much time going to CCRMA to hear 'piece for
>violin and tape' and 'composition for tape and cello'... or, worse yet
>'tape
>machine duet'... hehe... :)

thats one thing that is done...among a million others

>but, seriously, we are talking about performance, so, I would tend to
>agree
>if there is no 'performance' happening, then something is lacking... but,
>if someone performs on a solo instrument, but, for whatever reason,
>doesn't
>have a band, it seems that prerecorded backing music makes sense...

sorry to me it doesnt make any sense.for me its about honesty and
reality.the latter which i'm not too familiar w/ sometimes...

>nine inch nails (until thier last tour) ran 7 tracks of prerecorded
>material
>along with thier live instrument playing... this, of course, greatly
>impinges
>on the 'improvability', but, imo, did not take away from the
>'performance'...

yeah and <moby> band plays to a dat tape(*a lotta bands do it*)-sorry they
all lose points on immediacy and thinkin creatively on yer toes...