Re: Repeater's Demise

--- Mark Hamburg <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com> wrote:
> Line6 probably does well with the DL4 in spite of the looper not
> because of it. Okay. There isn't really a downside for them in
>  including the looper,
> but I suspect that the vast majority of the units they sell are on
> the basis
> of the echo effects not the looper. That may lead people who buy the
> pedal into looping, but it isn't the selling point.

I've seen this personally. Several of my guitar playing friends bought
DL4s for the flexable delays, and have started enjoying and using the
looping section now too. This is good, as it builds people's interest
in looping and will help reinforce the market for higher end loopers in
the future.

The looper in the DL4 also presents a feature checkmark (in marketing
terms) that other competing products probably feel they need to also
include. That also expands the exposure of musicians to looping
devices, further enhancing the market for such a device. This should
eventually lead to more sales of great units like the EDP, and
potentially enough market for other vendors to add full-featured
loopers.

Line6 has actually done us all a big favor by including that secondary
feature.

Greg