Re: EDP rebooting (EPROM exchange) problem

>I would recommend going down to Radio Shack or some other
>electronics shop and getting a tool that's specially made for
>pulling chips.  With a couple of those chips, there's not really any
>room to get in there with a screwdriver, and you won't be able to
>pull them with your fingertips (I tried - once).

call me an amateur, but I do it without, for years, hundreds of EPROM
exchanges...
for me there is enough space under the chip to insert a screwdriver.
Coming from the left, the processors socket serves as a support for
it and then I slide it totally under the chip to loosen the other
end... and I always recycle the EPROM, so its possible without
bending the pins...

To set in the new EPROMs, I also have to be carefull not to bend one
of the pins instead of inserting it. It depends on the angle they are
bent to, because they come with "open legs" from the factory, so Kim
has to bend them parallel. But naturally, you insert one row of the
pins correctly first and then watch the other side and press the
whole chip in position so all lets fit to their wholes.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org