UD Stomp...was RE: CV or MIDI Expression-Controlled Delay Time?

I'm working with a UD Stomp these days, and it will allow delay time to be
controlled with an expression pedal. It doesn't create pitch shifts as you
do this, BUT it can create little clicks as you sweep the time. It's also a
pretty neat footswitchable looper, max time 5.5 sec, but it excells at
multi-tap rhythmic looping and crossfading between different delay times
and patterns. I'm posting a patch set with audio examples of this kind of
thing on the Yamaha website soon (probably after NAMM). I'll notify the
list when it's up, and will do a looper's review of the thing ASAP. All
told, it's pretty cool, if your looping (or mangling) tastes run to delays
as opposed to samplers. It's a bank of delays only, but these can be made
to do volume boosts, tone shifts and wahs, glassy reverbs, and of course,
all sorts of flangy, chorusy sweeping or static resonances, groans and
shimmers.
David Coffin

                    "Gary Lehmann"

                    <healthquestrecruiter@eart       To:
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
                    hlink.net>                       cc:

                                                     Subject:     RE: CV
or MIDI Expression-Controlled Delay Time?
                    07/05/2002 10:13 PM

                    Please respond to

                    Loopers-Delight

I actually have a pedal (in the equipment burial unit aka storage) which is
a unholy union of the 2 sec Digitech delay pedal (PDS 2000?) and my old
Morley electrostatic delay foot pedal/controller--with this you can control
all the functions of the Digitech with pedal controls--talk about FSU--It
might need some love however . . .
Gary