vst rack

" Here's another question:  Is there any hardware, like a rack mountable
box, that's designed to use VST effects with very low latency?  Not a
rack mounted PC, but just something that's solely designed to be used as
an effects processor."

Funny you mention that.
I was waking up three days ago, and i remmebered a dream where I had a
machine (looked more like a big line 6 pedal in fact) that was a little
thing designed to run VST effects.
You would hook it to a computer, arrange sets of programs (memory 1
would be a pro five with a delayifier...) etc etc.
Trouble in my dream was the machine would work with PC not macs
(No.......and I use Apple machines) So I  had a gig and could not run
the set properly (talk about stupid dreams).
BUT BUT BUT
The idea never occured to me before.
And I thought "the first guy that can do it is a sure winner"
I started to plot a few things myself.
It is definitely a good idea, but I don't see how it can be but a PC in
a samll box with an serious amount of memory...

Olivier