Re: Looper census

To answer the current thread myself, I started experimenting with loops
using a Juno1 and Fostex 4-track whilst I was still at school (1984 I
think). It was a haphazard affair, using a 30 second looped audio
cassette from an old answering machine - involving remixing pre-recorded
tracks with live stuff. It was impossible to actually do much with it
rhythmically, but it was fun :)

I did not start looping again until I purchased a DD5 back in 93/94...
the two second sampler back then seemed incredible :) "Wow look at me! I
sound like two violins!!!".... again, it was pretty limited.

It was not until I read a review about the Akai Headrush a couple of
years ago that I really decided to give looping a go seriously. I saved
up some money, and went out to purchase one. When I got to the music
shop, the owner showed me the newly released DL4. A minute or so after
playing with it, I decided that it was for me.

Had I opted for the Headrush instead of the DL4, I probably would not be
doing what I am doing now (musical street prostitution), as the Headrush
is mains only.

The other equipment I am using at home at the moment is the Repeater,
and also Ableton's Live software. I'm unable to really test the latters
limits properly , due to a crap USB soundcard (griffin imic) and the
lack of a second Midi controller pedal. Temporary problems.... the
solution solved with $$$'s.

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project
http://www.solostring.com