SV: Looper cencus

> poll of which looping  devices we
> use?  Or what got us into it?

(1983) Ibanez Digital Delay, Ibanez Harmo Delay

With these two cheap units I got a kick start into looping. You could
switch
between three delay settings; like 128, 256 or 504 milliseconds, while the
loops kept bouncing. In the effect loop of the delay I used to put the
harmonizer and was tweaking it to have the loop evolving up or down in
pitch
with each repeat. Main instrument was the tenor sax but I was also using
electric guitar and some shouting (bent over the sax mic ;-)

(1990) Two old Tandberg reel-to-reel machines borrowed.

My cheap, but funny, digital units finally broke down and as a temporary
workaround I borrowed these tape recorders on certain occations.

(1993) Jam Man rented just for gigs.

(2001) EDP, Repeater (finally what I have always been dreaming of... ;-D

My recent set-up also includes a Behringer 1604A mixer, a Behringer FCB
1010
midi foot controller and a Fostex LXP-5 used only for reverb. I find this
rig a very open as a creative system. With the mixer (and repeater direct
signal set to "off") I can set up feedback loops where one track, set to
some pitch value, is building pitched layers on top of itself (in rec mode,
of course). The EDP is used as midi clock master and I find it extremely
fun
to fool around with all the new LOOP4 tricks, sometimes going straight into
a new loop length/tempo and having the entire Repeater Noise Squad time
stretch to catch up in a couple of seconds.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.fuzz.se