DL-4

     A common misconception... the DL-4 (and the other multi-coloured Line
6 stomp boxes) are not
made with metal casings, they are plastic.  I know of someone who *stomps*
on them regularly and
the button/switch broke through the case.  They do a good job of making
them look like metal
however.

     I'm glad that Stuart finds these boxes to work well for him.  On
Harmony Central, you'll find
a lot of varying opinions about the reliability of the Line 6 stomp boxes
in general and the DL-4
in particular.  Both mechanical and electronic.  I have owned all four
stomp boxes over the past
year and consider myself lucky to have not had any lemons in the batch.

     Though I enjoy the various sounds that each of the Line 6 boxes
produce individually, I find
that they don't work well in a chain of effects.  Something about the
digital processing (perhaps)
messes with the ability of the sound to become further processed either
before or after it in the
chain.  I haven't had this same problem with other effects, though I'm not
well versed in the
world of stomp boxes, I'm more of a newbie at it.

     The box that I enjoy the most is the Modulation Modeller.  It sounds
crisp and clean in most
of the various modes.  That is until I add other signal processors in the
chain (especially prior
to the MM-4), then it becomes lower level and loses much of the high
frequency content.

        SVG

<<<From: "Stuart Wyatt" <stuart@solostring.com>

....The construction of the DL4 is far from poor - solid metal case. I
abused mine for two years solidly before it went wrong (I ended up
getting concrete dust collect inside the pedal, which ate one of the
micro switches)... The only criticism that I have of the DL4 is that the
buttons are pretty noisy to operate. It is fine for a large stage, but a
small solo concert.... 'click'.....'click-click'....... heh :)>>>