Re: Zoom 2100 questions

Thanks for the answers, Andy!

> AND  a question for you:-
> Why emulate this,
> rather than make something better?

This is a demo for my Looper Construction Kit for Kyma.

I haven't mentioned the LCK in awhile on the list, but I'm about one month
from releasing it.  (It's against my religion to discuss vaporware, but the
LCK software is now in final beta.)

The LCK consists of approximately 40 highly optimized DSP assembly routines
and associated GUIs tailored for looping.  The routines are integrated into
the Kyma language so you can easily program with them using the standard
Kyma graphical editor.  The LCK routines look like little boxes on the
screen that you connect together.

Hopefully, the LCK is general enough that you can build any kind of looper.
As a test, I'm modeling existing loopers such as the Headrush, DL4,
Boomerang and Zoom 2100.  So far, it's quite easy.  The major difficulty is
trying to understand how a looper actually operates from the meager on-line
documentation and manuals.  For example, I anticipate completing the Zoom
2100 emulation in just a few hours.  The Headrush, DL4, and Boomerang
models
are already complete and I have an RC-20 mostly done.  (I may need to
revise
them once I meet up with the real boxes.)

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com