Re: Zoom 2100 questions

Hi Dennis

> Hey, Zoomers, here's some questions for you.
>
>  I'm making a emulation of the Zoom 2100 Jam Play and Sampler functions
>and
>  some items aren't clear from the manual.
>
>  1) In Jam Play, how do the LEDs work?  In particular the JAM 1, JAM 2,
>and
>  JAM 3 LEDs?

the Jam 1-3 LEDs are off when you go into JamPlay.
As soon as you hit one of the buttons to start record, the respective
LED comes on, and then stays on till you leave JamPlay.
(it tells you that you have a loop recorded)

don't forget the LED between Jam2 & Jam3 which is
off all the time.

the Jam Rec Led flashes when the 2100 is ready to record, and
is on during record. otherwise it is off

>  2) In Sampler, how does the "Rewind" work?  Does it instantly jump to
>the
>  loop beginning?  Or does it play the loop in reverse?  If so, does it
>play
>  the loop at normal speed (in reverse)?

it mutes the signal, and "winds the tape back" at about 4x normal speed.
(you can see the timing LEDS count down)
If you release Rewind before you get back to the start of the loop,
then replay starts at that position.
If you rewind to the start of the loop, and keep holding, then replay will
start from the beginning.

>  3) In Sampler, how does the FUNCTION switch change the playback speed?
Does
>  each press decrement the speed by 1?  How do you increment the speed
>once
>  you've changed it?  Perhaps it cycles through the choices 1.0, 94, 89,
>84,
>  79, 75, 71, 67, 50, 25?

yes, it cycles through the choices
...and don't forget, you can only change playback speed when
using the aux input ;-)

AND  a question for you:-
Why emulate this,
rather than make something better?