Re: looping: a structural approach

e_schnack@yahoo.com writes:

>On that note, one concept I'd like to explore is
>to take the idea of the "looper as an instrument"
>further by having a seperate person operating it.
> In my experience this leads to much more
>interesting possibilities.

yeah, it's a different approach.
personally, i like to integrate things wherever possible, so.....
sometimes
i'm the one making the original bleeping that's being looped, and at other
times i'm looping other sources --- inputs from microphones on the
sax-ist,
the drummer, bassist, singer, etc.....
many times, though, all of the previous might wind up in one of a few
parallel loops, or in the same one.....
i do find that the 'looping' of someone else's performance (or,
a-performance) conveys a completely different perspective, both as a
'player'
and as a listener.....
best,
dt / splattercell