Re: I know, stereo

Absolutely Stereo is Very important live!!!
One of the features of the human body is that we have two ears, and a band
as a collection of people "take up space", guitar to the left, bass right,
drums center, etc. I find, when mixing live bands, that just panning
instruments slightly, positions them in "field" and in some way gives them
space in the sound picture!

When it comes to guitar as a solo instrument, SINCE WHEN (?) has a guitar
been mono??? I have NEVER had a mono set up, initially i was probably only
using stereo reverb (reverb for ex is an effect that is a MESS in mono!
think about what it is supposed to be emulating!) and auto pan, but now!!!
OH MY GOD, i got one repeater track already panned left another panned
right, I pick which track i wanna loop on depending on where i want that
sound in the stereo picture. + the good ole Vortex is pissing sounds left
and right all over the shop!! + guitar synth where a trad stand up bass
pans
left right on every note i play, + an acoustic 12 sting git, where
alternate
strings go to alternate speakers (E to right A left D right G left etc) The
possibilities are ENDLESS!!!

As far as the sound being poor for the audience if they happen to be over
the left of the room say, sure pan the WHOLE DAMN MIX left and right and
could be a prob, but you know it worked fine for the beatles!!! Ever tried
panning Sgt Pepper over to one side, lose the right? its cool THE RINGO MIX
!!

So i got repeater, but want edp too! repeater is turning out to be a loop
storage unit for me, and not a live-looper, so stick with vortex, but edp
got all them "drop-in chop up, next loop back to 1st, get confused, have a
lie down, wake up, wiggle about, suss it out finally and then Kim goes and
brings out a new version"...features i keep hearing about on LD i dont
think
i can take it any more, my guitar rack already looks like a 60's MOOG for
faen! (Norwegian swear-word!)

PS: Adrena.Linn looks cool? anyone tried?

Mark Red