Re: Looping: a structural approach...

Title: Re: Looping: a structural approach...
> bruno kleinefeld wrote:
> (and that goes also together with the fact that if you spend
>
>> some time listening to MP3 of loopers from around the world -
>> especially the guitar players ones - they often sounds boooringly similar...)
>
> Why stop there?  How about, "if you listen to most *music* from around the
> world,
> it sounds boringly similar within it's genera"?  Boy, am I curious to here
> your
> music now.
>
> Mark Sottilaro

hi mark
my music is probably the most boring of all
(but I don't see why you point your finger...)

didn't mean to offend anybody
try and forgive me... I need a dictionary by my side to write a mail!

the boredom (a new word! thanks nic!) is not in the particular music of each
of us but in the similarity that intercurres between most of them.
To my ears this means that the technique (or should I say technology)
is overcoming the creativity, just like a photoshop filter!

you're right when you say
"if you listen to most *music* from around the
> world,
> it sounds boringly similar within it's genera"?
I never thought about looping as a genus
exactly for the same reason why I never thought about "guitar music" as a genus
(I adore portuguese guitar, as well as hindustani style slide guitar, not to mention rock'n'roll)

I thought loop-tools and guitars were instruments...

best

bruno

--

Bruno E. Kleinefeld