Re: looping: a structural cucaracha...

>points toward a hidden taboo... something not very clear that worries
>me a little bit (and that goes also together with the fact that if you
>spend
>some time listening to MP3 of loopers from around the world -
>especially the guitar players ones - they often sounds boooringly
>similar...)

Can't help but take this a little personally, so please forgive my dopey
reaction - ;-)
* a dismissive approach based on a 'guitarist' stigma might be throwing
the
baby out with the bathwater
* i often think that boredom is in the ear of the beholder. perhaps the
medicine is a balance of effort & selectivity
* symphony orchestras similarly sound boringly similar - the all use the
same medium of expression

but then, even this might be a tedious & repetitive discussion (sigh)

sincerely,
nic