Re: looping: a structural cucaracha...

>   <smile>  Thanks so much for bringing up the musical idea of looping
>rather than just the whole tech thing, looping has such beautiful
possibilities.

dear Goddess

starting from the end... thanks to you for answering and dedicating
your time to this reflection!
And thanks to Mark Sottilaro and Nemoguitt as well...
you offered some really interesting cues

Anyhow this issue didn't show up to be very stimulating for the rest
of the looping community... in effects looks like technical issues
are much more interesting for the majority of us.
Obviously I do not pretend that what I propose should be interesting,
but the fact that the discussion is so often about gear and not about music
points toward a hidden taboo... something not very clear that worries
me a little bit (and that goes also together with the fact that if you
spend
some time listening to MP3 of loopers from around the world -
especially the guitar players ones - they often sounds boooringly
similar...)

The approach you describe is very similar to some thoughts
I had in the last years playing mostly improvisational music:
repetition and recognition are always oasis of peacefulness
in the troubled sea of the streaming musical flow
and offering some buoys to the listeners (and to yourself playing)
has often good results

but I'd really love to listen and understand how someone else
interpretate that...

ciao a tutti

b:k

BTW: my repeater is noisy too... I keep it the way it is...
it was kinda of taking me too much time to solve that
so I choosed playing (with some noise in the background...
not very professional ;-)