Re: Loop 4 Problem

At 04:30 PM 6/22/2002, Gary Rouzer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I installed my new Loop4 software two days ago but I've got a problem.
>When I powered the EDP up, while holding the parameters button, the "Loop
>4" never scrolled across. I waited for about 2 minutes. I emailed Shane
>at
>Gibson but have not received a response yet.  I reinstalled the Loop3 but
>now it doesn't work either. Any suggestions?
>
>     Gary

Since you bought the LoopIV software directly from Aurisis Research, it
make a bit more sense to contact us directly when you had a problem
installing it...

But anyway, if Bret's suggestions don't work it is possible that you
somehow damaged something while installing the roms or opening up your
Echoplex. To answer your other question, the "Loop4" begins scrolling
immediately when you turn on the power. There is no delay. The fact that
yours is now doing nothing on power up with both Loop4 and Loop3 roms
indicates a hardware problem of some sort. Hopefully not serious, but you
may want to carefully inspect things to see if anything obviously got
damaged in the process. Send me a mail if you need more help with it or
with getting in touch with Shane.

kim