Re: Re: EDP Won't Play live reverse (using the PMC-10) in LoopIV

>Well, I combined them, and then ran the feedback to 0.  Now, if I have a
>blank loop, I can play something and have it play back reversed one time
>(or
>more, with feedback higher, but I find it more effective if it doesn't
>repeat--kinda like Andre's Loopfeste opener).  Again, for those of you
>with
>the right MIDI pedal, that's:
>Multiply on string A (when you press down), and record, parameter, undo
>(when you release).  This assumes you have quantize off.

The answer is this:-
"In Loop4 when you end Multiply with Reverse (or any crossfunction) the
Multiply
first continues until a time which is a whole number a cycles from
when the Multiply was started. Then the Mult ends and Reverse playback
starts.
This is called Rounding. In Loop3 ending Mult with Reverse was Unrounded,
so reverse playback started as soon as the Reverse was initiated, and the
loop
length was then redefined."

Actually, believe it or not, this is a good thing, as you can now
use crossfunctions and still keep the same cycle length.
Hitting Reverse a second time during the Mult now has the same
effect in Loop4 as just one press did in Loop3

To achieve instant reverse playback,
hit Record at the beginning of the phrase,
and Reverse (by your prefered method) at the end.
...a technique documented by Kim in the
Loopers Delight EDP Tools of the Trade section.

> There's also a "snipplets" trick in there that involves a very similar
>  sort of move, except that it's triggered by copying the loop via a
>  CNF-switchquant variation.  It's one of Andy Butler's brainchildren, as
>  I recall...  It should be in the manual, or Andy might be able to
elaborate..
> .

SwitchQuant=Cnf
MoreLoops=more than one.

get your loop going.
hit Next

now hold down Mult for more than 400ms ( = LongMult)
as soon as you release the Mult button the section of
loop that you heard while holding it down starts repeating backwards
(having been copied to the next loop)

Matthias very kindly programmed this to compensate for
a Loop3 trick that wouldn't otherwise be easy to do in Loop4.

its page 29 in the manual.

please ask if this isn't clear, and I'll say it better
when I have more time

andy butler