Re: re[2]: granular looping- and a hush falls

dt-
--- Hedewa7@aol.com wrote:
> pf,
>
> >hey Evan I think you may be on to something:
> >strange sometimes how i mentioned this subject
> several
> >times since October of last year, and when I
> mention
> >that I have been doing some form of what I call
> SONIC
> >Snowflaking the list goes limp.
> no idea what evan said, here, but.....
> for myself, i was not attempting to describe
> 'granular looping': i was just
> quoting kim flint's personal EDP-oriented
> explication thereof, for someone
> who wanted to know from whence said thread began.
> anyway.....
> there's no telling whatall this list might fancy, as
> far as threads go.....

it seems pretty obvious to some.
> >now what I am attempting to do pushes the envelope
> i'm certainly glad that you do what you do
> w/looping, p, but -for myself-
> i've come to realise that i've yet to see any
> 'envelope'..... 'envelope'
> (when it comes to music/art/looping) seems to be a
> social/consensual
> function, and thereby, somewhat suspect as regards
> any kinda *personal*
> benchmarks for expression.....

well when the same things are hailed as groundbreaking
and different, that's usually a bad sign.
personal, always. it's all i have. not much of an ego
though.

what i am doing is considerably different, but what we
all do is diffrent. but one listen to what i do shows
what most of us know, that I solo rather poorly;)

> 'envelope', some folks
> see radiohead as pushing the 'envelope', some
> believe that pauline oliveros
> pushes the 'envelope', some folks see fiona apple as
> p.t.e, some feel that
> garbage p.t.e., john adams, moby, etc etc.
> so, where *is* the edge of the damned envelope?
> i opine that:
> if it's there, at all, it's gonna recede from
> view..... endlessly.

it should, because if you look at the edge of the
envelope, you're missing the trip altogether.

> i'm babbling, again.....

me too
> >which is why I am interested in what others are
> doing,
> tutto bene, dude.
> best,
> dt / splattercell