RE: FCB1010 MIDI Question

>> Real midi newbie question- can the Behringer FCB1010 midi
>> pedal control more than one device?  The two would be a
>> Repeater and Lexi reverb.

>Yes. If you set up a buch of pads for the midi channel each device is
>listening to. The drawback is that midi channel assignment on the FCB1010
is
>global.

I thought I understood the original question but I'm not sure I understand
the answer.
Please forgive me if I've misunderstood.

I use an FCB1010 to control a Boss VF-1 and hope to add an additional MIDI
controlled unit in the near future, so although my use is different to that
suggested, it seems to be similar in context if not detail.

The FCB1010 has 100 patches (10 banks of 10 patches)

Each patch can send up to 5 program changes, 2 Controller signals and 2
continuous controller signals (via the expression pedals) and a MIDI note
signal.

As has been recorded, the MIDI channel of each of those 10 elements IS set
globally, however the fact that each patch can send so many messages means
that you could configure 'Program Change 1' on, say, MIDI channel 7 and
'Program Change 2' on MIDI channel 8 - set the Repeater to 'listen' on MIDI
channel 7 and the Lexi on channel 8 and already from one patch you can send
two different Program change signals to the two units at the same time.

The availability of two control changes and two expression pedal changes
means from within the same patch you could send one controller change to
the
Repeater and one to the Lexi and have real-time control of one function on
the Repeater and another on the Lexi from the two expression pedals.

The latest version of the FCB1010 software also allows you to configure a
patch to send Control changes 1 and 2 alternately each time you press the
pedal for that patch.

There certainly ARE limitations to the FCB1010, but there's an enormous
amount of flexibility in there...

I hope I've not'spoken' out of turn, just trying to add to the
'conversation' and add my 2 cents/ pence / insert your currency of choice
here

MattG