Re: Looper Moving!

At 11:42 PM +0100 6/17/02, Stephen P. Goodman wrote:

>If you recall though the whole Bed In thing was a bit of a joke to most
>folks.

It got some attention though, and that was the point.

It was also a way to associate the peace movement with a more
light-hearted attitude, a welcome relief from self-immolation and
street demonstrations.

>The whole Bed-In thing really smacked of Yoko's touch

Certainly. It was really a Fluxus anti-art sort of thing. As Lennon
commented, people came in expecting some sort of orgy but it was just
a couple of people hanging out and talking about peace and
affirmation.

>And, no, I'm not a very big "Yoko fan".  But I liked the ladder idea.

Frankly, I wasn't at all aware of Yoko's art until she connected with
John, but as I learned more about avant garde and conceptual art it
became clear that Yoko was an important figure in that scene. I like
her work.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com