Re: OT: Drum machines vs. Human beings

> IAs a matter of fact, if any one is interested in this very off topic
>chain,
> maybe I could show you guys some great tricks for
> programming drum machines in the most simple and effective ways for your
> music.   Just let me know if anyone is interested and I"ll post these
>tricks
> when I have time.

Here's one of my tips:

DYNAMICS!  Drop the drum track out, or bring it to a high hat only for a
few
measures every now and then.  Drive that dynamic range!  There's noting,
in my
opinion, worse than hearing the same bass, snare, high hat pattern going
for
more than 4 measures.  I say never repeat the same pattern more than
twice,even
it it's just a slight change.