Nord (micro)modular

> on 6/10/02 9:51 PM, Dave Trenkel at improv@peak.org wrote:
>
> The Nord may not be your first thought as a drum machine, but it's
> pretty great: step sequencers that can be combined to make patterns
> of any length (Why do so many drum machines just allow you to do 4/4
> or 3/4?! If the ER-1 allowed odd time sigs, it'd be my  favorite), and
> a really flexible, totally programmable sound generator. I have a
> collection of patches that do drum/percussion sounds and patterns, if
> anyone's interested.

I'd be interested not only in your drum/percussion patterns, but also in
your knowledge of the (micro)modular (or in anyone's knowledge, that is):
What I'd like to do (but didn't manage to do so far, had the micromodular
for a few days only) is something like a looping sequencer, where I hit a
designated button on the micromod (i.e. the C4), and then the thing starts
sequencing what I play via MIDI. This goes into several separate
sequencers,
of which I could adjust the pattern lengths with the dials of the micromod.
Is this possible? Do you have something like it?

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de
digital penis expert group - www.dpeg.de