EMUSIC Playlist #272

[ Best viewed using a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #272                    June 6, 2002.

RECAP:
On this show, I began a month-long focus on Amir Baghiri, who creates
ambient
music laced with tribal, world, and industrial influences.  The Featured
CD at
midnight was "City," the first disc from "The Bluebox Collection" on the
Arya
label.

The vinyl show starter was from the LP "Paradise" by Robert Scroder on the
IC
label.

I played the music of The Ministry of Inside Things who will be performing
at
the next event in the Soundscapes Concert Series on June 22.  Details can
be
seen on the Events page.

Amir Baghiri
http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2002/focus02.html#jun
Ministry of Inside Things     http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic/events.html

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Robert Scroder          Timeless                 Paradise (IC)
Martin, Klamt, Rownd    Canyon Voices            Convergence (Spotted
Peccary)
Ministry of Inside      The Edge of the          Live at the Phila. Museum
  Things                  Wilderness               (Synkronos)
Robert Rich             Lapis                    Shambala (Space for Music)
Max Corbacho            Magenta Beauty           The Resonant Memory of
Earth
                                                   (Space for Music)
Alhedion                Part III                 Kosmische Spuren Eines
Lebens
                                                   (Invisible Shadows)
Amir Baghiri            Entrance                 City (Arya)

12:00 am
Amir Baghiri            Bye or Die               City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Escalator to Nowhere     City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Creeping Emptiness       City (Arya)
                          Over the Street
Amir Baghiri            www.pace-maker           City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Black Friday             City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Fading Lights            City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Mandala of a City        City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Moon Cars                City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Dream Your Own Dreams    City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Requiem for a God        City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Stoned Mother            City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Lizzy Loves Dad          City (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Exit                     City (Arya)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on Amir Baghiri.
The
Featured CD at Midnight will be "Live," the second disc from "The Bluebox
Collection" on the Arya label.

The vinyl show starter will be from the LP "Departure from the Northern
Wasteland" by Michael Hoenig on the Kuckuck label.

I will play the music of the Ministry of Inside Things who will perform at
the
Soundscapes Concert Series on June 22.

Bill
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic
Host of the AM/FM show on WMUH 91.7 FM every other Saturday at 6 am.
Email me before submiting music for airplay consideration.
billfox@fast.net
Radio Station Home Pages:   http://wdiyfm.org
http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox
To subscribe to the EMUSIC on WDIY list, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emusic-wdiy and click on [Join This Group!]
SOUNDSCAPES Concert Series: http://www.tadream.net/soundscapes