Re: Loopers do it repeatedly (was Re: Fw: THIS IS FOR REAL. (THIS IS A LOOP BASED MUSIC LIST!)

> >experimenting at the moment in being able to change the Repeater's
> >feedback level via the assignable volume pedal. Then - towards the end
> >of the loop section, you can move the feedback from 90% down to 50% or
> >lower - it will allow for some quite good morphing.
> >This should be possible to adapt with most repeaters.
> well, no:
> that can only work if/when yer using one track of the repeater, as the
> fdbk-ctrl will only be functional in a single, open (ie, recording)
>track.
> dt / s-c

so, if I arm all four tracks to record, and engage an overdub, the feedback
control doesn't work like I'd expect on all four tracks?  Gasp!, I'd never
tried this but I just assumed it would work...  The lack of corectly
functioning feedback control on the repeater has been my least favorite
thing about it, and something that never seems to be mentioned when
comparing it with the EDP.  I really miss it sometimes.

Somehow I think it goes with the intended audience for the repeater.  A lot
of today's popular music uses loop sequencing in a very un-organic way:
loop1, then loop2, then loop3, back to loop1, etc.  While the EDP can do
this very smoothly with nextLoop, it seems like it really shines at
facilitating the evolution of loop1 into loop3.  Get me?  The repeater is
seems really good at the "AcidPro" style of loop sequencing, and not at all
good at the evolution style of looping.  I find myself constantly having to
make a smooth volume fade myself with the faders, when I'd really rather
just set that track's feedback down low and have it do it itself over a few
cycles.  Anyone else agree/disagree?  I'd love to hear other people's ideas
on using the repeater "organically."

Jon