Re: Looper Moving!

At 6:23 PM -0700 6/3/02, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>I started looping when my pop band disintegrated...I felt I had
>spent a lot of time and energy forging a relationship with the other
>band members...I never wanted to be in that situation again.

>I'm a loner, Dotty.

Excellent point. I think it's very similar to my own experience.
After spending close to ten years being in and out of bands, putting
them together, watching them fall apart, I started making art that
didn't require an ongoing social unit for its very existence. I went
from filmmaking to tape music to computer music. I never totally
rejected group collaboration, but I never again depended on it
completely.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com