Re: Live Multitrack Laptop Looping Suggestions?!

You need to check out Ableton's Live....for Mac or PC.....
http://www.ableton.com/
I was going to pick up the Repeater...my current looping tool
is a JamMan.....  but I opted for software and the Roland BR532
portable digital 4 track.  I wanted something that was deadly quiet-
no hard drive noise, could run on batteries, and that I could transfer
tracks digitally into Live and Performer.  Plus it has 32 tracks if you
count the 8 virtual per 4 tracks.
Now I'm still looking for an inexpensive compact mixer for a couple
of Audix condensers (SCX25) that require 48v phantom.  I've got
a couple of Stewart phantom boxes that take care of the juice....
and I actually get a clean signal using transformers in front of a Radio

Shack hi z 4 input cheapo mic mixer.  But I'd like to do a bit better
and still keep my tight-wad reputation.  Any body got a suggestion?
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com