Unidentified subject!

Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:49:40 +0100
Subject: MIDI syncing JamMan and EDP?

Howdy all...

What's the scoop on MIDI syncing EDP and JamMan? I'd love to be able to
use the
JamMan for laying down a bass line, and then use the DL4 with the feedback
down a bit
to have a shifting layered thing over the top - is that possible without
resorting to a MIDI
mapper at all? I haven't got any space in my rack for more gear (am trying
to shrink it
down a bit as it is, though it may still end up having to grow a bit)...
At the moment I've
got the JamMan in a side chain (using a Raven Labs DI to send sound out to
it in its FX
loop)...

On the news front, I've been rather busy with promotional stuff relating
to my new CD
(sending out copies to radio and for review, doing the occasional
interview, and lining up
gigs etc.) and getting to know my EDP for my soon to be recorded new
completely solo
album. I've been using it on some recordings with a London-based
keyboardist/guitarist
called Patrick Wood, and have been discovering some of what this
unbelievably
maleable, flexible, intuitive box can do!!! Unbelieveable! I'm really
excited about the
possibilities for my next CD - hopefully I'll have some preview stuff up
there in a month
or so (at least for those who've bought my CDs before... :o)

Thanks to all those of you who've bought 'Conversations' - the sooner this
one breaks
even, the sooner I can get working on the next solo one! :o)

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk
www.pillowmountainrecords.co.uk