Re: RC-20 review

Re: RC-20 review----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Smart
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: RC-20 review

> Like I was saying in my intro note...I like the RC-20 and use two of 'em!
> The only other looping device I've used is the  Oberheim Echoplex, so
> that's the only thing I can compare it to. I'd say that function-wise,
>two
> cascaded RC-20s are > almost as cool as an Echoplex (and still cheaper),
> because you can do the multiply function. I also like to use one RC-20 to
> record a background for the head of the tune, and the second to record a
> background for soloing over, then go back to the head background at the
> end (this is good for Monk's Dream, with a stop-time background on the
> head). I THINK you can do this on the Echoplex using the Next Loop pedal,
> although I never figured out how when I was borrowing one.

(Re-opening an old topic...)

I'm building an RC-20 emulation with my Looper Construction Kit for Kyma.
figure I can simultaneously emulate 4 to 9 RC-20s on a 4 DSP Kyma.  They
can
be interconnected in any fashion (series or parallel).  I'll know more as I
get into it.

I don't have a real RC-20 so I have to do this from the manual description.
I'll probably make several RC-20 emulations or at least a full-featured one
and an "RC-20 Lite" that is less filling and with fewer calories.

In the meantime, my question to you multiple RC-20 owners is, "What
features
do you use?"  and conversely, "What features do you NOT use?"

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com