Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #293

right. essentially, by 'mess with stuff' i was attempting to
imply that just about any approach you could come up with has
the potential to further your looping development.  basically,
just dig in and start doing it.

fwiw, i started out with long delay times, high feedback
(classic).  then, i started manipulating the feedback with a
pedal, then i started messing with delay times and/or feedback
and/or other parameters, then i tried out feeding two delays
into each other, manipulating feedback and delay times between
them & playing with crossfading, then i went back to simply long
delay times and high feedback, but tried out things with my
instruments that i hadn't done before like running the delays
with no sync, then i got REAL wack and started modulating as
many elements of my signal chain as possible just to see wtf
would happen (running one delay through some crazy processing
and the other one through something else, preferrably some kind
of vocal-based modulation a la vocorder/talkbox, WHILE splitting
the output signal from both delays and feeding the "dry" delays
into each like before but with a crossfade pedal to control
amount/feedback), then i got a repeater and now i've got two
delays/modulators and a 4-track sampling looper going and things
rapidly get out of hand  ....

whatever you do, just pay attention and you'll learn all about

mike