Re: headphones

Just a couple of points:

- Check out www.head-fi.org &&/|| www.headwize.com -- these questions
get asked (and answered) all the time.  I recommend searching the
forums, first.  And then posting something to the effect of, "I
searched, but could not find an answer to my specific question.  If
I missed it, please post a link."

> >Sony MDR 7506.

Which are the same as the Sony V6's, and can be had for US$30-40
cheaper.  Look around on head-fi for where (I don't have the
retailers memorized).

> Comfortable enough to listen to a walkman for 4 hours on a train ride?

They can be made even more comfortable -- again, search around on
head-fi for the "Sony V6 Beyer Pad Mod" or something like that.  I,
personally, hate the pleather, and supposedly the Beyer pads are
cloth or something.

PS  The Sony MDR-V700 are not thought highly of there.  But the
Beyer DT250/80ohm are considered pretty competitive.

For the person asking about studio isolating phones, I would
recommend my Beyer DT770's, but they require a really good amp,
which most studio equipment don't have.  The Sony V6/7506's
isolate enough for most applications.  And they're not nearly as
dorky looking as the Beyer DT770's.  I've worn that "self-adjusting
headband" thing (Sony CD3000) and they _are_ just about the last
word in comfort, but I think cloth or velour pads are the most
important thing.

A couple of new headphones just came out that look pretty promising,
but haven't been investigated too much by the members of the above
forums.  The Pioneer, in particular, looks particularly promising
(wipes mouth).
--
I remain,
:-Peter aka :-Dusty :-Chalk